WELCOME TO PIBBZ WEB PAGE
My Songs
Listen To Velvet Revolver!!!
About Me
My Gear
Leave your Comment

Add Me To Your Site!
CHILDREN OF BODOM Frontman: 'I'm So Not Into The Whole BLABBERMOUTH Bullsh*t'
Monday 23 June 2008

UK's Zero Tolerance magazine recently conducted an interview with CHILDREN OF BODOM guitarist/vocalist Alexi Laiho. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow.
On the element of CHILDREN OF BODOM's non-fanbase that views him as a bleach-blond pretty boy who insists on making all the rules in his band:
Alexi: Well, the thing is, I write the music and lyrics. The other guys do participate, and we work and rehearse together as a band. Still, there has to be someone who calls the shots, otherwise nothing gets done. I can settle disagreements and be a deciding vote without being a f*cking dictator. I guess what I'm trying to say is that those people who think that way also do not live my life. They can think what they want, and I don't care."
On Internet criticism that CHILDREN OF BODOM hasn't paid the dues for the ride which the band currently enjoys:
Alexi: "I think we have. First, we've been doing this sh*t since we were 13 and 14, and didn't get anything even released until after five years of practicing. We did well enough on that first album to make a second, and well enough on the second to make a third, and so on. I'm not going to intentionally make bad music so that people can feel better about themselves. . . I'm so not into the whole Blabbermouth bullsh*t, either. I barely go to our own homepage anymore. I have more important things to do than worry about the three guys online hugging each other, trying to decide if I'm 'metal enough' or not."

Labels: ,

posted by Anonymous @ 17:38  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
You Should Listen To
My Fans
My Zimbio
KudoSurf Me! Top100 Bloggers - Top Blog Directory - Blog Top list
Blogs
Music blogs Search Engine Optimization - AddMe TopOfBlogs Music Top Blogs Blogroll.net Music BlogRankers.com BRDTracker
Favourite Links
Archives
© 2006 Pibbz E-Mail me